Awards are a gamification tool used to motivate, recognize, and celebrate Learner progress through the LMS. Awards also open up new Categories and Courses along a Learning Path.
Go to Learning > Click Badges & Certificates > Click New
In the Award Type field, select from the following:
- Badge - validate; an award that is displayed on the Learner's profile
- Certificate - certify; a physical award that can be downloaded and printed for a Learner's personal records
- Milestone - progress; an award that is used to move Learners along a Learning Path or to award points, and isn’t available for User to see
If “Badges” is selected, a new selector appears to upload a Badge image.
If “Certificate” is selected, a new selector appears to choose from existing Certificate Designs.
Award Expiration Dates
Select a “Fixed Date,” “Dynamic (Time Passed),” or “None” in the Expiration Type field.
If Fixed is selected, select the date from the Calendar Selector. Fixed Expiration Dates are often used for accreditation certificates that expire on a specific date.
If Dynamic is selected, select the time interval (days, weeks, months, or years) and the number. The inputted time interval represents the time passed from the Award issue date.
In the Requirements tab, select the “trigger” for this Award.
In the Requirement Type field, "Conditional" signifies that the following Requirements are required to earn the Award. "Assigned" means a list of selected Users receives the Award automatically.In the Requirements Must All Be Achieved field, select “Yes” if Learners must complete all requirements or “No” if a single requirement triggers the Award.
For “Conditional” Requirement Types, click the green “plus” icon (1) to add a requirement.
Select the Requirement Type (2). Requirement types include:
- Category - when a Learner completes all Courses of a Course Category
- Course - when a Learner completes a Course
- Lesson - when a Learner completes a Lesson
- User Group - when a Learner is assigned a particular User Group
- Access Level - when a Learner is assigned a particular Access Level
- Event - when a Learner registers or checks in to an Event
Select the Completion Type (3). The “Any” option means that if any one of the selections below fulfills the requirement. The “All” option requires that all selections be completed.
Finally, select the required items in the Required Item (4) field.
Awards are often used to move users from one User Group to another; opening up new content, courses, and lessons.
In the Actions tab, select if the recipient is added or removed from certain User Groups.
*Note: Removing a Learner from a User Group removes their access to the associated permissioned items of that User Group.
Additionally, select if this Award will issue Points to the Learner.
Duplicate an Award
Duplicating awards can make quick work of creating a new award with only slight differences from a previous award. To do so:
Check the box of the award(s) to be copied > click Duplicate Award(s) > the new award will appear marked as (copy)