Event notifications help ensure Registrants are aware of their status and important event details.
Event notifications are managed in various areas throughout the Events section of the Admin Portal.
Events - Advanced Settings Tab
In the Advanced Settings tab of the Events editor, configure custom messages for each specific use case.
Custom messages override the system default messages shown below.
- Registration Form Message (Individual)
- Registration Form Message (Group)
- User email body
- User email body (offline payment)
- Thank you message
- Thank you message (Offline)
- Registration Approved Email Body (Feature currently under development)
Configuration - Email Settings
In the General Tab of configuration, scroll down to Email Settings.
The settings in this section apply globally to all Events.
Set if Event-Related Emails are:
- Only sent to admins
- Only sent to registrants
Set a From Name and From Email.
Set if the following specific settings are enabled or disabled:
- Send Notifications Email to event creator
- Send confirmation email to all group members
- Send attachments to admin (attachment files are selected in the Basic Information tab of the Event editor)
Events - Email and Messages
In the Events list, click Events - Emails and Messages.
This area may also be accessed from the Event Dashboard.
In the Form Messages tab, customize the messages that appear in the User Portal when a Learner interacts with an Event.
The different messages include:
- Registration Form Message (Individual) - see above
- Registration Form Message (Group) - see above
- Number of members Form Message
- Member Information Form Message
- Thank you message - - see above
- Thank you message (offline payment)
- Cancel message
- Registration Cancel Message (Free Event)
- Registration Cancel Message (Paid Event)
The other tabs in Emails and Messages include different messages that can be sent to Users:
- Registration Email Messages* - emails sent to the User/Admin after a successful registration
- Submit Event Email Messages - email sent to User/Admin
- Invitation Messages
- Message prompting Users to invite their friends to an event
- Email notifying a User that they have been invited to register for an event
- Waiting List Messages
- Waitinglist confirmation message/email
- Email notifying User that space has opened and they may now register
- Deposit Payment Messages - messages/emails sent to User/Admin when a partial payment has been paid in full
*Within the Registration Email Messages tab, Admins can configure Event Reminder Email.
Enable the Reminder Email in the Event editor in the Basic Information tab.
Set how many days before the Event the email is sent.
In the Translations tab, configure custom translations for the various Event messages. Select a language and click into the text box to edit.
Dashboard - Mass Mail
A Mass Mail is a single-use email that can be sent to the Registrants of a specific event. The Mass Mail is a new update specific to the Event and isn’t covered in any of the other email edit screens.
In the Event Dashboard, click Mass Mail.
Select the Event to which this email is linked. Give this email a subject and click in the text box to create the email body.
Click Send Mails to send the created email to the Users registered for that Event.