When getting ready to launch a Discussion Board to be used by students, it is very important to configure settings that designate how users can interact with one another on this Board.
Go to Social > Under the Discussion Boards header, click Settings
In the General tab, begin by configuring Basic Settings, SEO Settings, and Caching Settings.
Continue designating options within the following tabs:
- Frontend - look and feel settings
- Users - User and Subscription settings
- Security - set User interaction, CAPTCHA, and Spam settings
- Uploads - attachment, image, and video settings
- Ranking - enable showing User rankings within the Discussion Boards
- BBCode - various URL settings
- Extra - other various settings