Reports are the backbone of understanding user experience across the LMS. Is a course too difficult? Is a certain piece of interactive content being completed? All of these questions are answered and actionable by properly utilizing reports.
Go to Analytics > click Report Builder > click New
Give this report a Title, Theme, and choose which type of report this will be.
The Report Builder is configured to run a variety of different report types, including sub-types. Report Types and Sub-Types include:
- Users - user data, including custom profile fields
- Transactions - transaction types and times including by which users they are made
- Registrants - users that have/will be attending events and data about their registration
- Events - event data, including transactions
- Learner Progress - user progress with course and certificate data
- Assigned Courses (must choose assignment) - completion data of a course assignment
- Survey Results (must choose survey) - response data of a survey
- Survey Summary (must choose survey) - additional data of a survey
- Quiz Results (must choose survey) - result data of a quiz
- Quiz Questions Average (must choose quiz) - average result data of a quiz
- Badges/Certificates/Milestones (must choose award type and award) - award recipient data of an award
- Team Learner Summary (must choose Team and other items) - detailed data of a team
- Point Totals - total earned points data
- Subscriptions - subscription data including enrolled users
- Notifications - data for which types of notifications are sent, when they are sent, and to whom
Based on the chosen type, a different list of options appears. Check the box of each item to be shown in this report.
Choose to include archived activity in this report. Also, choose if custom profile fields are used in this report. If yes, check the boxes from the list of all that apply.
Select a report layout.
Once saved, click Run Report from the list view to open the created report.
There are several options to edit and modify reports and how they display the accompanying data.
Click Edit Columns > select the column to edit > apply new settings such as a new column name, data type, filter, or format. Click Update to apply the changes.
Existing columns are movable within the report. Click and drag the "3 dots" icon next to any column to move it to the desired position.
Columns can also be filtered to find the exact desired data. Click the "funnel" icon to access a list of filter options and type the keyword into the search bar of the column.